POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 19 Jan 2008 02:56:09
Message: <4791ad19$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>      Heh, I do. It was the Toronado - you LOVED that car!   :)

Still do. :)  Definitely couldn't beat it as far as comfort is concerned.

The fact that my Saturn's gas tank is almost half the size yet has a
much higher fuel range kind of sealed the deal, though.  I love the
Satty, though, it's quite fun to drive.  It doesn't have a particularly
powerful motor (124hp 1.9L DOHC) but the car is so light that it still
manages to be pretty quick.

>> I'm on my second car -- a gold 1995 Saturn SC2, acquired in Spring 2003. I
>> ended up getting rid of the big ol' '82 Toronado (I kept it in the family,
>> though)
>
>    Cool... cousin, nephew, SON??  ;)

Son?!  Oh, heavens no.  Not yet, anyway!

I ended up giving the car back to my father, who gave it to my uncle.

>    Man, we've got it bad here in the UK with our 80%* tax on fuel... I don't
> know how they do that...
>
>     *I haven't a clue if that's correct or not.

You guys have always gotten hosed when it comes to gas prices -- even
before the recent fuel inflation -- haven't you?  I don't think I'd be
able to afford to drive if I lived in the UK.

>> Mine's a little bit dinged up from the previous owners using it as a
>> battering ram (it's not THAT bad...a cracked piece and some dings in the
>> paint), but it runs and it runs well. :)
>
>     Yeah, the same as my old Rover 820, dinged slightly on the nearside
> passenger door,  (grrr)

That's the nice part about my car being mostly made out of plastic. :)

I need to do some touching up on the headlight flaps when I get home --
there's a bit of rust poking through.

> but at 14 years old and with only 48,000 *original*
> miles on the clock, I simply laugh at the broken down newbies on the
> motorway.

Woo, not bad! :O

My Satty's got 96000 miles on the odo right now.  I fully intend to be
sitting in that car when it passes 100K.  It's kind of hard to believe
that it only had something like 62000 miles on it when I got it.  I
think I'm the one who put the most miles on it in its life.

>>>      Nice to see you back.  :o)
>> Good to be back, sir. :)
>
>       Hey, stick around matey.

I shall, I shall!